Senior Data Analyst
Reports To: Chief Clinical Officer
This new position is responsible for supporting FLIPA in the successful development, implementation, validation, and maintenance of a multi-input data warehouse leveraged to create dynamic visualizations and actionable analytics. The Senior Data Analyst will regularly communicate with consultants/vendor(s) regarding input and output, the FLIPA team, and FLIPA member organizations regarding assigned analytic projects, project summaries, workplan progress, and timelines. This role is also responsible for the identification of data integrity and communication to the Leadership Team and liaising with members and vendors to support the remediation of identified issues.
Pay Range $80k – $100K
Forward Leading Independent Provider Association (FLIPA) Forward Leading IPA (FLIPA) is a nonprofit membership association of safety net providers working in partnership to provide the highest quality healthcare to the most vulnerable populations in Upstate New York since 2017. FLIPA is renowned for its commitment to integrating primary care and behavioral health. Our growing membership includes a combination of federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), behavioral health providers, and a rural health network and serves individuals across more than 27 counties.
FLIPA values diversity in background and experience. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Identify, aggregate, and integrate data from disparate sources across the network, including electronic medical records, health information exchanges, adjudicated claims data, etc.
- Maintain expertise with current state data source files and regularly update documentation describing these
- Partner with FLIPA data resources to review population health management platform modules for accuracy and functionality.
- Delve into data to identify discrepancies and patterns as well as risks and opportunities for FLIPA and member organizations.
- Build visually accessible and functional dashboards and models using Excel and PowerBI for internal and partner use.
- Prepare and present reports and visualizations that effectively communicate key findings and facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Collaboratively design and implement data solutions to key questions about FLIPA performance, special populations, and program evaluation efforts
- Apply continuous quality improvement to drive changes to enhance the functionality and usability of the data warehouse and other data feeds.
- Support the analysis of complex datasets using statistical techniques, predictive modeling, and other advanced analytics methodologies.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan with data-related vendors and hold vendors accountable for project plan performance.
- Provide analytical support and insights to help address specific issues and drive performance improvement.
- Report identified risks to management; provide recommendations for mitigation of risk.
- Support deployment of tool(s) and initiatives to member organizations.
- Serve as expert for member organizations in interpretation and usability of available data , including maintaining expert knowledge of data sources, key indicators, use cases, and functionality.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Evaluate and recommend new tools, techniques, and methodologies to enhance FLIPA’s data analytics capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as computer science or engineering, information, technology, business, mathematics, analytics, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Experience within the New York State health care system (population health, behavioral health, Federally Qualified Health Centers, or similar) required
- Experience in SQL and related programming languages
- Experience with population health analytics including claims data and quality measures (e.g., HEDIS), trending and predictive modeling
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented to support follow through across a variety of projects and processes at once
- Technical expertise related to data modeling, database design and development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (PowerBI, etc.), databases (SQL, etc), and programming (XML, Java, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using basic and dedicated statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel Analysis ToolPak, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information in both written and oral communication
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Teams, Excel and PowerBI
- Flexible, adaptable style that takes in stride last minute changes and project pivots
- Thrives on creative problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal skills, independently resourceful and thrives in a fully remote environment
- Proven ability to complete projects according to defined timelines and objectives