Project LAUNCH Data Evaluator
Reports To: Project LAUNCH Project Director
Project LAUNCH (Linking Actions for Unmet Needs in Children’s Health) is a 5-year program funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration designed to promote the wellness of young children, from birth to 8 years of age, by addressing the social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and behavioral aspects of their development, as well as prepare them to thrive in school and beyond.
The Data Evaluator will create and implement a project evaluation plan that incorporates Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) requirements, project-specific measures and targets, and qualitative assessments. This role will lead data collection, analysis, and reporting efforts for grant activity.
Forward Leading Independent Provider Association (FLIPA) Forward Leading IPA (FLIPA) is a nonprofit membership association of safety net providers working in partnership to provide the highest quality healthcare to the most vulnerable populations in Upstate New York since 2017. FLIPA is renowned for its commitment to integrating primary care and behavioral health. Our growing membership includes a combination of federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), behavioral health providers, and a rural health network and serves individuals across more than 27 counties.
FLIPA values diversity in background and experience. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Develop and implement project evaluation plan aligned to reporting on goals and outcomes as specified in LAUNCH grant documentation including both qualitative and quantitative components
- Lead data collection, analysis, and reporting activities following required Government Performance and Results (GPRA) measures as well as project-specific targets
- Apply Results-Based Accountability (RBA) and Human Centered Design (HCD) principles to an equity focused evaluation approach
- Provide direction and guidance to team members and other stakeholders supporting data collection efforts
- Design and implement surveys and interviews to collect participant feedback
- Synthesize and report results to FLIPA leadership, SAMHSA, project team, Young Child Wellness Council, and other stakeholders
- In conjunction with Project Director, lead project team discussion on project progress, successes, challenges, and next steps at each meeting based on data results and participant and stakeholder feedback
- Establish continuous quality improvement practices to identify opportunities to improve project implementation and service quality based on data collection and participant feedback
- Effectively work across multiple organizations and geographies to support project progress within different organizational cultures structures and communities
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Master’s or higher in related field, such as business, statistics, information systems, public health, healthcare administration or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience with data collection and analysis, grant reporting, evaluation, and/or research experience
- Experience within the New York State health care system (population health, behavioral health, Federally Qualified Health Centers, or similar) preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Proven qualitative and quantitative data analytics and data visualization skills
Ability to gather information, identify trends, synthesize, and report out to a variety of audiences
Experience seeing project through the full life cycle
Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with minimal supervision
Strong time management and problem-solving skills, independently resourceful and thrives in a fully remote environment
Proven ability to complete projects according to defined timelines and objectives
Proficient with MS Office and various business software, familiarity with statistical software (i.e., SPSS, SAS, STATA, R), reporting software (PowerBI) preferred.
- This position will be remote with occasional travel expected for on-site meetings or training across New York state
- New York state residency is required.